Background Introduction of the Department
The Department of Environmental Standards, Regulations and Laboratory Services is saddle with the responsibilities of acquiring environmental data and monitoring of pollution to ensure suitable environmental management in industrial facilities and other public outlets in the State.
Statutory Functions of Laboratory
- Monitoring and inspection of Industrial facilities and other public outlets.
- Collection and appraisal of industrial effluent analysis reports on monthly basis.
- Collection and appraisal of industrial air quality and noise level reports on quarterly basis.
- Sampling and analysis of effluent, soil and sludge samples.
- Monitoring and testing of air quality and noise levels in industries and other public outlets.
- Issuance of Discharge Permit to industrial facilities on a yearly basis.
- Monitoring, Inspection and Issuance of permits for pollution abatement devices.