The department was established to focus on matters relating to policy formulation, keeping statistical data collection, analysis, storage, retrieval and dissemination, programme/projects design, performance monitoring & evaluation, rolling plan preparation and external relations.
Statutory Functions of Planning, Research & Statistics
The department is saddled with the following responsibilities:
- Planning, Research and library services Unit
- Development of long, medium and short term plans and Annual Budgets for the efficient performance of the Agency, vis- a- vis tracking of Budget performance;
- Monitoring of activities in respect of set targets of the Agency and carrying out effective monitoring and evaluation appraisal of projects as at the when due;
- Impact assessment of projects and programmes of the Agency using the relevant indicators;
- Research into areas of interest of the Agency with the aim of building a Viable Data Bank for reference purposes;
- Provision of library services ;
- Production and coordination of data requirements in respect of the Agency technical aids and external assistance.
- Preparation of quarterly and yearly reports of the Agency’s programmes and projects.
- Statistic Information and Communications Technology Unit
- Collection, collation , analysis, interpretation and publications of information for policy making;
- Create and maintain database of suppliers and contactors of the Agency requirements;
- Publication of monthly quarterly and annual reports of the Agency;
- Establishment and maintenance of the Agency electronic Database.
- Processing and Review of Environmental Audit Report (EAR) of Industrial facilities.
- Computerize the activities of the Agency for an effective Management Information system;
- Collecting user requirements and initiating idea for software development;
- Recommendation of information system gadgets and services;
- Sales of statistical publications.
- Registration of Environmental Consultants.
- Emission Control and Petroleum Storage Permit Unit
- Vehicular Emission Control
- Okada & Tricycle Emission Control
- Generating Sets and other Equipment Emission Control
- Permit for all Petroleum Storage Categories (AGO, Kerosene, PMS, Engine Oil, Used Oil)
- Monitoring of activities of Automobile Technicians and Allied Tradesmen in the State.
- Review of Audit Report of Petrol Filling Stations & Air Dispersion Modeling Reports of Industrial Facilities.