About Us 2 ver.
Imagine & Create
- Establishment and enforcement of relevant Environmental Standards, regulations and laws. It also has the mandate to enforce in conjunction with respective Federal Government Agencies, National Environmental Laws, Standards and Regulations as the minimum for the State;
- Public enlightenment and awareness of environmental issue;
- Research and survey on environmental issues and publication of the results on same either on her own or in collaboration with other organizations;
- To conduct a programme of continuing surveillance and of regular or periodic inspection of actual or potential contaminant or noise sources, of public water suppliers, and of refuse disposal sites;
- Put in place mechanisms towards prevention and mitigating environmental pollution in the State;
- Advice the State Government on environmental matters as it may affect the State for development of corresponding policy.